1. Unless prior to written agreement to the contrary these terms shall be incorporated as conditions of any order, quotation or contract accepted by the company.
2. Prices are based on the current price list, and are exclusive of VAT which will be charged at the rate ruling at the time of dispatch. These prices may be changed by specific agreement in writing.
3. In the event of variation or suspension of work by your instructions or lack of instructions, the contract price shall be adjusted accordingly.
4. No order may be cancelled by a customer without our consent in writing. The Senator Group reserves the right to claim all loss and expenses which may be incurred as a result of cancellation.
5. Unless otherwise quoted all deliveries to our customer shall be FOC. Deliveries made to third parties will be subject to a delivery charge of 7.5% of the goods total – a minimum will be levied. UK mainland delivery will be to ground floor entrances only. The driver making the delivery will be unaccompanied and the purchaser is requested to provide free assistance in unloading the said delivery. Delivery shall be deemed as completed on acceptance at ground floor entrances. We reserve the right to deliver by instalments.
6. Non-delivery and shortages. Notification of non-delivery/shortages/breakages must be made in writing within 5 days from invoice date for all dispatches by The Senator Group’s own transport. For deliveries made by outside carrier notification, as above, must be made within 10 days from invoice date. The risk shall pass on delivery to the purchaser.
7. The Senator Group warrants that its manufactured products are free from manufacturing defects - in materials or workmanship. A full warranty statement is available on request, published in the relevant company literature and stationery, and shown on the website www.thesenatorgroup.com. The Senator Group will repair, or replace, (at The Senator Group’s sole discretion) with comparable free of charge materials/ components, any product/ component which fails under normal use in a single shift environment, as a result of a defect in the materials and/or workmanship.
8. Credit accounts are subject to satisfactory references and verification by our Credit Insurers, Trade Indemnity PLC. We require as standard one bank and two trade references. (We reserve the right to refuse credit facilities – offering proforma/COD as alternatives). Unless notified in writing to the contrary payment must be received within 30 days of invoice for (settlement) discount to be deducted. All invoices become due for payment 30 days from invoice date. We reserve the right to suspend production dispatch of orders if default is made in payment. Interest of 2.5%/month will be charged on all overdue accounts. Should it become necessary to commence legal proceedings for the recovery of a debt the credit facilities will cease.
9. The Senator Group will accept the return of faulty goods subject to the following:
a) Goods defective on delivery can be returned for exchange or full credit.
b) Goods incorrectly delivered by The Senator Group can be returned for full credit.
c) Goods incorrectly ordered will not be accepted back for credit without a negotiated handling charge authorised in writing.
d) Samples will be credited in full if returned in good condition within 60 days of delivery. Payment must be made for all samples not returned within this period.
10. The Senator Group will be entitled to assign, sub-contract or sub-let any contract.
11. All contracts will be construed and operate in accordance with English Law.
12. Goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of The Senator Group as legal and equitable owner until such time as the purchaser shall have paid to The Senator Group the full amount of the price of the goods together with the full price of any other goods the subject of any other contract with The Senator Group. Notwithstanding that the goods shall remain the sole and absolute property of The Senator Group the purchaser shall assume the risk in the goods and shall insure the goods for their full market value. The purchaser acknowledges that it is in possession of the goods solely as a fiduciary for The Senator Group until the purchaser becomes the owner of the goods. In the event that the purchaser sells the goods the purchaser acknowledges that the entire proceeds of sale therefore are held in trust for The Senator Group and shall not be mingled with other monies paid into any overdrawn Bank Account and shall be at all times identifiable as The Senator Group’s monies.
13. The Senator Group do not accept any responsibility for electrical work/ installation which our own personnel do not supervise. All electrical installations must be undertaken by a competent qualified electrician.
14. 1 & O.E.